Disability Law Is All We Do
Experienced Oklahoma Social Security Disability Attorneys
Social Security FAQs
Answered by Tulsa Social Security Disability Attorneys
- How do I apply? [click here]
- You can apply online or in person, but sometimes people make errors in applying that delay their case. The easiest way to apply is to call us.
- Can I qualify for disability if I’m working? [click here]
- There are some exceptions and limitations, but in most circumstances the answer is no. If you are able to work, Social Security considers you to not be disabled.
- Do I need an attorney? [click here]
- Yes. Social Security’s own statistics show that a person is more likely to get disability benefits with an attorney than without one.
- How long will it take to be approved? [click here]
- It can be anywhere from a few months to 2 years, depending on the disabling condition and the available medical records. Appeals to federal court take longer.
- If I get disability, will I be allowed to work? [click here]
- Yes, but the rules are complicated. Get legal advice concerning any work activity.
- What is the attorney fee? [click here]
- There is no fee unless we win. If you are granted benefits, our fee is generally 25% of your past due benefits.
If you are in need of legal assistance in filing a Social Security disability claim, contact a Tulsa social security disability attorney at Troutman & Troutman, P.C by calling (918) 587-0050 or (888) 549-0050.