Disability Law Is All We Do
Experienced Oklahoma Social Security Disability Attorneys
The Tulsa Social Security disability lawyers at Troutman & Troutman, P.C. have extensive experience helping clients to obtain their Social Security benefits. Our Tulsa disability law firm has compiled a video library with helpful insights about Social Security disability.
Social Security FAQs
Answered by Tulsa Social Security Disability Attorneys
- How do I apply? [click here]
- You can apply online or in person, but sometimes people make errors in applying that delay their case. The easiest way to apply is to call us.
- Can I qualify for disability if I’m working? [click here]
- There are some exceptions and limitations, but in most circumstances the answer is no. If you are able to work, Social Security considers you to not be disabled.
- Do I need an attorney? [click here]
- Yes. Social Security’s own statistics show that a person is more likely to get disability benefits with an attorney than without one.
- How long will it take to be approved? [click here]
- It can be anywhere from a few months to two years, depending on the disabling condition and the available medical records. Appeals to federal court take longer.
- If I get disability, will I be allowed to work? [click here]
- Yes, but the rules are complicated. Get legal advice concerning any work activity.
- What is the attorney fee? [click here]
- There is no fee unless we win. If you are granted benefits, our fee is generally 25 percent of your past due benefits.
If you are in need of legal assistance in filing a Social Security disability claim, contact a Tulsa Social Security disability attorney at Troutman & Troutman, P.C. by calling (918) 587-0050 or (888) 549-0050.