The stress people face when they suffer a permanent, catastrophic injury is often overwhelming. Will they be able to continue working with their injury? If not, what will they do for a living? Will they have to apply for supplemental security income (SSI)? If so, what will they need to do to prepare for that process?
Our Tulsa Social Security Disability lawyers are available to answer to many of these questions. In addition, below is a list of questions people are generally asked when they apply for supplemental security income.
Questions You Will Face When You Apply for Supplemental Security Income
Typically, when you apply for SSI, you will be asked the following questions:
- What was the date that you last were last at work?
- When did your injury become disabling?
- What medical tests have you undergone?
- What are the names, phone numbers and addresses of your doctors?
- What are the dates of your doctor visits?
- What medications do you take?
- Are you single or married?
- What is your living situation?
- What are all the sources of income for you and your spouse?
- What is your total worth, including vehicles, homes, bank account balances and investments?
An experienced disability attorney can help ensure you are prepared to properly answer questions you are asked when you apply for supplemental security income. To learn more about the SSI application process, continue to follow our Tulsa disability law firm’s blog, and check us out on Twitter and Facebook.