As Tulsa disability attorneys, we recommend that all potential clients receive expert advice when applying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or appealing a benefit decision.
This is because there are a number of things that can go wrong if you attempt to complete the process on your own, which can greatly affect a benefit decision. Nationwide, about 33 percent of all SSDI claims are denied on the initial application.
There are multiple reasons why these denials occur. Recently, the Motley Fool had an interesting column discussing this topic. According to the news source, some of the primary reasons why SSDI claims are rejected include:
- A person does not have enough work credits to qualify
- A person’s household income is too high (for FY 2015, earnings must average less than $1,090 per month)
- The disability given is not considered a disabling condition under the Social Security Administration’s guidelines (a disability must be expected to last for at least 12 months or result in death)
- The SSA determines a person can work based on his or her employment history
- The applicant did not provide the proper documents to complete the process
- Incomplete or inaccurate explanations were provided in paperwork
- Technical errors occurred on the behalf of the Social Security Administration
Why Working with a Tulsa Disability Attorney is Important
As we noted above, working with a disability lawyer is incredibly important if you are applying for benefits or appealing a claim decision. You can avoid many issues simply by contacting our Tulsa SSDI attorneys.
A mistake on an application can result in a lengthy delay when it comes to collecting benefits. Do not let this happen to you. Our attorneys offer free evaluations of your case and can help your case move forward. We are not paid unless your claim is successful. In most cases, the SSA deducts attorney fees from the past-due benefits awarded and pays our firm directly.
You can reach us by calling the phone number or by using the contact form on this page.
Troutman & Troutman, P.C. – Tulsa Social Security disability attorneys